Friday, December 14, 2007

Friendships and houses

The boxes are unpacked, the air fresheners are up and the house is actually starting to look like our house. I absolutely love our house. I love coming home, I love just sitting and staring at the walls, the floors, the cabinets...everything. I love being in the front yard, I love being in the backyard, I love being in every room of the house!!!

OK...that is enough love...

AF still hasn't shown up. I am not really sure what I am supposed to do if she decides not to come this month. I guess I will call my dr. at the beginning of the year if she isn't here.

I have some new stuff going on in the "friend" department. I have been hanging out with this really cool chick I will call her "J". She has suffered through 3 miscarriages in the last 3 years and I must say it is wonderfully amazing to have a friend in real life that suffers from infertility as well. ..Well...she isn't infertile, she has no problem GETTING pregnant, she just hasn't been able to HOLD a pregnancy yet. Anyway...she has been a great friend. We cry to each other, make each other laugh, vent our baby frustrations to each other and at the end of the day we know that we will wake up tomorrow and do it all over again.
I enjoy talking to her because she is very funny, sarcastic, smart and man does she know her politics!

I know I said I would post pics of the house, but I just haven't taken the time to download them to my computer yet. I promise I will get them to you soon.

Oh...another new thing in the friend department. If you have been following my blog for any length of time, you will remember the story about my friend from a year ago when we had a HUGE blowout regarding my infertility and her utter disrespect for my sensitivity to the subject. We haven't talked since that day, and tomorrow morning at 7:15 am I will be sitting across the table from her at Starbucks. I don't know why I continue to feel this desire to have a friendship with her. But I do, and apparently she does to. I am very nervous to see her. I really hope she is at least sensitive enough to not bring her son. Although I would love to see him, I just don't want to see him right now. So, I will fill you in on the conversation as soon as I can. Again, I have no idea what to expect or what will happen.

1 comment:

AwkwardMoments said...

So glad all is unpacked- can you come to my house? We moved over 6 months ago and I still haven't found a spot for everything. I am so glad that you found a friend that understand you. ANd i am hoping good things from the starbucks meeting tomorrow!