Monday, December 17, 2007

UPDATE....

She cancelled. I shouldn't be surprised. I don't know why after an entire year of not communicating she all of a sudden wants to make contact, but then when I do respond to her and schedule something, she cancels. It feels like a slap in the face. She said "I will call you on Saturday to set up another time to meet." It is Monday now and I still haven't heard from her. Some people never change. I am done trying with her, the ball is in her court.

As the holidays grow closer, it makes me sad. I miss my parents and the snow and it actually FEELING like Christmas outside. Christmas just isn't the same here in Arizona. I miss my family traditions like spending an entire Saturday listening to Christmas music with my mom while we decorate the house. I miss baking cookies and goodies with my mom, putting plates together and delivering them to our neighbors.

I wish Pace and I had kids so we could start our own family traditions and so I could carry on some of my family's traditions. I just can't imagine being able to celebrate Christmas morning with our own child and how amazing that will be. Being able to see the Spirit of Christmas through the eyes of a child. To be able to teach them about Baby Jesus and why we celebrate Christmas. Only in my most amazing dreams!

1 comment:

AwkwardMoments said...

what a craptastic thing to do!

as for "feeling of christmas" here in FL we have never had cold/winter/snowy weather. i have always been a tad envious of those that do. Just seems more like christmas than flipflops and shorts.

Hang on to your dreams!