Tuesday, January 25, 2011
So...we are on at least a two week break with progest.erone to try and get the cyst to go away. I am so frustrated. I just feel like the deeper and deeper we get into TTC...the more crap we find out is wrong with my body. I go back to the RE on 2/8 to see if the cyst is still there. If not, we will cycle again with my next period...if it is there...more progest.erone and possibly birth cont.rol pills...OH the IRONY
Friday, January 21, 2011
Since I have been working from home (read: living in sweats day and night mostly without makeup) the last few months, I hardly feel like a “Stylish” blogger…but I really appreciate being nominated!
Here are the rules for the acceptance of the award:
1.Thank and link back to the person who awarded you the award
2.Share 7 things about yourself.
3.Award 15 other bloggers.
4.Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.
Ok…so seven things about myself…
1. I have been wanting to get my nose pierced for about 2 years now…every time I think I am going to do it…I chicken out.
2. I am the only member of my immediate family with a tattoo. Considering I am the youngest of 6, this is a pretty big deal. My tattoo is an image of an infant sleeping in angels wings in memory of our 2 children in heaven.
3. I plan on adding to this tattoo – it is in black and white right now, but I plan on adding some very vibrant flowers surrounding it. I will do this either after we have a baby or if I can lose 40 pounds – whichever comes first (right now it is looking like the weight loss)
4. I am known in my family for being able to get little ones to go to sleep. I am always the designated “bedtime” aunt when I am together with my siblings. Not sure what it is, but I just have this “nack” for getting babies to sleep…I hope this remains true when I have my own kids.
5. I am tempted to plan a huge VEGAS bash for my 30th birthday…and hope that being pregnant will ruin those plans…if not…it’s a Vegas bash – can’t go wrong.
6. I don’t have many girlfriends because I have a very low tolerance for drama and I find it very hard to trust people with intimate details about my life (obviously except when it comes to infertility…that is in open book. Kind of silly now that I think about it.
7. I love supporting and helping other people, however I am not very good at asking for or receiving support/help in real life. Receiving support over the Internet is good…in person…not so much. Hmmm wonder why that is?
There ya have it! 7 things about me…
Now it’s your turn!
Monday, January 17, 2011
Of course I am disappointed, but overall, I feel good about our decision to cancel. I know my body and I have seen my ovaries stall far too many times before. I am just not going down that road again. So I feel good about nipping it in the bud and moving forward. The new protocol will be the same dosages of Fem.ara and Foll.istim, but we will start the Foll.istim earlier in my cycle, and take the shots more frequently. We will also postpone my first u/s from Day 10 to Day 12 or 14 since my ovaries are lazy brats.
So there it is...blech
Thursday, January 13, 2011
Follicles: My left ovary is the lame duck right now with 3-4 follies measuring about 6. My right ovary has 4-5 that are measuring 8-9 and 2 that are at a 12. I ovulate late, and take forever to stim, so the fact that I had 2 at 12 was reassuring. I am going to continue the follistim and then go back to the RE on Monday for another check up.
Overall I am feeling really good about this cycle. I am really hoping for good news on Monday!
Wednesday, January 05, 2011
Thank you Cori for your kind comment and for reaching out reminding me that there are people out in blogosphere that care and want to know how I am doing!
December was kind of a crazy month, it seemed like every night there was some engagement we attended, or we had people in from out of town or something. Was overall just a very busy month!
Surprisingly enough...I DID "O" on my own in December! That is pretty awesome news! It didn't turn into a pregnancy unfortunately, but hey...I will take it as a little sign of normalcy anyway! I am currently on CD2 and we are jumping back into treatments again. We are going to do an HSG on the 13th to make sure everything is all "clear". This cycle we will still be doing Fem.ara, but will also be adding Foll.istim into the mix as well as a trigger shot. I am hopeful, but I am going to look at this cycle as kind of a "test" cycle to see how my body reacts.
Thank you all for your continued support and love, it will definitely be needed in the next few months!
I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Updated (Jill thank you for asking!) I was able to see my niece over Christmas and she is doing magnificently well! She is officially in the maintenance phase, her hair is starting to grow back a little bit and she is just such a joy to be around. She traveled very well and is back at school! Her little sister went back to VA mid December. My sister was able to fly out here to pick her up. It was wonderful getting to spend the weekend with her! Here is to a much simpler, happier, easier 2011! For our entire family!