Friday, May 06, 2011

An update of sorts...

I am not really sure where to start with this post, but I just wanted to let you all know that we are ok. We are heartbroken, sad, confused, angry and really dreading this weekend...but we are ok.

I had 9 vials of blood taken last week for my RPL (Recurrent Pregnancy Loss) panel only to get a phone call yesterday from the lab stating that they couldn't run two of the tests because they didn't have enough blood, so I needed to go again. I went in this afternoon and had 4 more vials of blood taken.

Hopefully that will be enough and we will be able to get some answers soon. Honestly, I am not really looking forward to going to the RE again. Don't get me wrong, I want to get the results of my RPL panel, but I have a lot of anxiety about it too. What if they don't find anything? We will have some very difficult decisions to make I guess. I am just enjoying the break, not having to worry about medications, dr. appts., shots, HPT's, betas, etc. I am not ready yet to jump back into all of it. I guess the little blood mix up at the lab just bought me at least another week before they will have all of the results and for that I am thankful.

I just wanted to kind of check-in. I have been lying low for the last couple of weeks really just not feeling like doing anything, or saying anything. I appreciate the love and support from each of you and I wish all of the other "Wanna-be Mama's" as peaceful of a Mother's Day as possible. For those of you who have a beautiful little one (or more) - Happy Mother's Day to you!

4 comments:

Kakunaa said...

Oh, sweetie, I hope the panel turns up something helpful/useful. I look forward to an update. And I am wishing you a survivable Mother's Day, for you ARE a mother. HUGS.

Tillie said...

Oh honey I'm so, so, so sorry. This is the worst thing ever. I am so sorry. I am sending you lots of love and hugs your way...Let me know if you need absolutely anything...*hugs*

~stinkb0mb~ said...

how frustrating for you!!

i hope you have a peaceful weekend - i'm laying low after i visit my mum on sunday - bed, chocolate and a movie with my poochydores.

sending love as always hon

xxx

Emily Weber said...

Hey stranger! I've been thinking about you. Hope you're doing ok. I actually had a dream that you updated your blog! funny huh?(been watching out for an update on your RPL results) Just wanted to let you know you're being thought of! :)