Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Why do I watch TV???

Haven't been around for many reasons. I have been in a funk and my recent choice of TV shows did NOT help...more about that later.

This Friday is my hubby's birthday and I have some very special things planned for him. I can't divulge them now because sometimes he reads my blog, and I want him to pine over this all week! tee hee!

Last weekend to get the birthday celebrations started early, my MIL, SIL (she's 4), hubby and I packed up and went camping. It was WONDERFUL!!! Far too short of a trip, but it was nice. My MIL and I got along really well, we bonded more last weekend than I think we have the entire last 7 years! Pace had a wonderful time and we were surrounded by some of God's most mysterious creations...mountains!

Then I had to come back to work. Work absolutely stinks right now. I know the Lord wants us to do all things without complaint, but I am just REALLY struggling with this right now. I can't release a lot of information now because I don't really know who reads this crazy blog, but I can tell you that my days with the company are numbered, at no fault of my own. (no really, I am not just saying that because I am in denial.) :-)

Pace and I are still working away at our adoption packet. We have both done our fingerprints, I had my physical yesterday and he has his next week. All of our reference letters have been mailed off and we are slowly but surely completing the packet. There are so many very deep questions that have really required a lot of thought and prayer, but we have plenty of time to answer the questions, so we are using that to our advantage.

Pace and I have both been very humbled by the overwhelming support we have received from our friends and family. It has truly been a wonderful experience.

Now...for the TV show I spoke of earlier...I don't know if any of you watch Pri.vate Prac.tice, however...I do. Well did. I used to like this show. I used to like watching it and pointing out all of the inaccuracies with their IVF and IUI procedures. It used to fascinate me. Sure, most of the show is about getting people pregnant, babies etc., but for some reason, I was just hooked. Then last week (I watched it Mon. night thank you DVR)

*******SPOILER ALERT*************

It happened. The 15 year old daughter of the two doctors in the practice gets pregnant. The girl's mother pretty much forces her to have an abortion, however the girl changes her mind at the last minute. When the girl tells her mother she changed her mind, the mother drags her into the next room where a woman is giving birth. The mother is trying to use the pain and agony of childbirth as a method to scare her daughter into having the abortion and then they cut to the scene of the beautiful birth of a gorgeous, healthy baby and the 15 year old girl is in love.
End scene.

At this point I am bawling. It all comes crashing back to me. I had been "infertility depression" free for so long and it immediately came rushing back to me in full force.

And I haven't been able to shake it.

End Scene

4 comments:

Danielle said...

I don't watch Private Practice but after reading that, I'm glad I don't! That would've annoyed me too. It's interesting how there are so many shows out there that promote teen pregnancy these days....shows like Teen Mom on MTV, etc. Go figure.

Allison (Ali) said...

I am sorry that you are having a hard time @ work. Hopefully it will get better (whatever way you want that to happen may it happen).

I totally agree with you about Priva.te practice. I probably will not be watching any longer myself. One the inaccuracies when they discuss IVF (i just want to scream its transfer not implantation you morons!) but what add.ison said her view of abortion is and when life begins. well it made me furious. I beleive that life begins at conception, and what they told me was that my beautiful daughter who was born at 20 weeks... well i cant even.. it just makes me so mad..

Emily said...

I absolutely despise shows like that. The sad thing is...it can happen in any show. You never know where it will appear. I am so sorry you are in an IF funk right now. I think as things move forward with your adoption papers you will slowly feel better. You have made a tough decision to pursue adoption, but you and DH did it because your hearts were open to it and God is guiding you. These days will come and go and they will disappear when you have finally adopted and you have the chance to be a mother!

It will get better. Let God guide you and find your strength in him.

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

I am a faithfull watcher of PP and this season is just killing me with every thing going on. I am glad to hear that you and S had a great time camping. Im sure E enjoyed herself as well. I cant believe another bday down. Tell P. we said happy bday and we will give him a ring on Friday. Its been on my calender :)