Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Eggs and baskets

So I guess we have decided to not put all of our "eggs" in one basket and we are going to continue TTC with minimal treatment in addition to pursuing adoption. I spoke to our social worker yesterday and she said all of the paperwork is in and she is starting to write our home study. She said it would be done by next week, her supervisors would review and proof read it and then send it off to the courts. It is pretty exciting.

I thought the process would take longer honestly, and I am not really sure where we are going to go from here. Personally right now I am leaning more towards going with an adoption attorney because they don't cost quite as much, but at the same time, I think the wait time will be less if we go with an agency. We still have about a month before we are certified, so we have time to consider it and make a decision.

In other egg news...the mama dove is still there. My husband has been very patient and I am grateful. I called an aviary and spoke to a lady that told me as soon as the eggs hatch, we can safely move the nest and the mama bird will find her babies and continue to raise them. For what it's worth, she said the "if you touch the nest, the mama bird will smell you and abandon the nest" is an old wives tale and completely untrue. So we are thinking in the next couple of days, the eggs should hatch - I will definitely get pics!

And other news: We are officially on "O" watch. I am currently on CD8 and have resumed the daily POAS.

Please keep my friend "B" in your prayers. She had her sweet baby girl a week ago but was taken to the emergency room on Saturday night and is still in the hospital with Post partum eclampsia. She is not doing well, they can't keep her blood pressure down and they have no idea how long she will have to stay in the hospital. She is in excruciating pain, having horrible headaches and is terrified. She has had to be away from her brand new baby girl since Saturday, she has had to stop breastfeeding and is very sad about this. She hasn't wanted any visitors, but I think I am just going to drive down to the hospital tonight and not give her any choice - please pray for her quick recovery and no permanent damage!

Wanted to update: I added a link at the top of my blog for you to click on if you have 2 seconds to spare. It is a great cause with a great story behind it. A woman by the name of Erin wants to buy a home that will be used as a respite house for those who have lost children to terminal illnesses. I have a couple of friends and a family member who could have benefited greatly from a place like this! Please vote - it is in 3rd place right now and needs to be in 1st!!!

3 comments:

Baby Wanted said...

Oh crap, I will be praying for her! Poor thing.

Thankful said...

Thank you for the update on the mama dove! I will pray for your friend - what a frightening experience.

Hillary said...

Sounds like a wonderful plan on the TTC/ adoption front.

I am so sorry for your friend :(

makingmemom.blogspot.com