Tuesday, May 04, 2010

I can now add jobless to my resume...

My company closed it's doors on Friday. I kind of saw it coming, the company has been in financial ruins for the last year or so...but it still stings. I have been with the company for over nine years and it was very bittersweet to see that go. I am working on a few different things that (if they pan out) will allow me to work from home which would be amazing! Then if we did have (or get placed with) a little bambino...I would be able to stay home and still work! Of course until that little bambino comes...it is really boring and mind numbing being at home alone all day.

TTC update: no ovulation thus far this month. I am really hoping this isn't the beginning of messed up cycles again. I was actually really geting used to being regular.

Adoption update: There isn't any. We still have not received word on our certification, so I am giong to wait until after this weekend and if I still have not heard anything, I will call.

We are headed up to Salt Lake City this weekend to visit family and it couldn't have come at a better (and worse) time. Better because I am ready to get out of town for a while, but worse financially. I just pray my "working from home" gig comes to fruition soon!

5 comments:

addingtothepack said...

I know you had mentioned before that you had a sense that the closure was coming -- but that still totally sucks. I hope that a working from home option pans out from you, that would be great! Have fun this weekend!

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

I am so sorry to hear abt work, that has got to be so hard after being with the company for such a long time. I'm praying for you girl.

Bec said...

I am sorry to hear about your job and the business hon. I'm not a huge fan of change so I know that it will be tough for you. At the same time thought it is really positive to hear you have some other options open - working from home would be perfect for WHEN you have a bubba :-) Thinking of you xx

Hillary said...

That is a huge change - I am so sorry your company went under and you lost your job. I hope this unexpected path brings you to new and better opportunities ahead!

makingmemom.blogspot.com

Kakunaa said...

That is so tough....especially right now, I'm sure. I hope your getaway gives you a much-needed break.