My blogger friend Nikki tagged me today. I haven't seen the movie Bucket List, however I understand the theme and that is going to be the theme of this post.
10 things I want to do before I die:
1. Be a mom to an earth baby...a human one. I think that goes without saying.
2. Take my husband to Switzerland. I visited this beautiful country when I was in high school, and I want to badly to share the beauty and history with the love of my life.
3. Renew my vows in the Christian church. When we got married, we hadn't found a church yet. Although we had a "Christian" ceremony, we were not married in a church, and someday I would love to walk down the "aisle" in a real church with my husband standing in front.
4. Go on a cruise. We never really went on a honeymoon, and I would love to go on a cruise with my hubby and pretend like it is our honeymoon all over again.
5. Write a book. I love to write. It is therapeutic and that is the whole reason I started a blog. I would love to write a book about my life sometime, the ups, the downs, the infertility all of it.
6. Not worry about finances. I don't want to be "rich" I don't want to have so much money that I blow it on silly insignificant things. I just want to be comfortable. I want to know that if I want to donate $100, I can. That if I have a miscarriage and haven't met my insurance deductible yet, that I can pay it off in one lump sum and not have it put a dent in my account. I just want to be comfortable. I don't want to have to worry about having enough money to cover our living expenses.
7. I want to be a spokesperson for infertiles. I want to travel and educate people especially insurance companies and state legislatures. I want to be a part of mandated infertility treatment coverage for everyone, in every state.
8. I want to be happy with my appearance. Thanks to my PCOS, I have gained a substantial amount of weight since meeting my husband. I managed to lose 35 pounds last year, and so far have managed to keep 30 of it off. However, I am still very critical of how I look. I am not sure who I am trying to impress, or what I am trying to prove. I just want to look in the mirror and think "Dang...I look hot today!" "you go girl"
9. Travel the world. There are so many things out there to see, to experience, to learn about. I want to take a year and just travel the world. Hopping from country to country and learn as much as I can about this beautiful planet I live on.
10. Buy my family farm. I have absolutely no intentions of ever living on my family farm, but I want to have enough money to purchase it when the day comes that my parents get to go be with Jesus. I don't want it to turn into a dilapidated farm, or to have it go to someone else that doesn't appreciate it. My grandfather built that house and it needs to stay in the family.
So...there is my bucket list. I am not going to tag anyone in particular, but this really is a neat thing to do...so if you feel so inclined...be my guest!