Friday, July 10, 2009

Here we go again

I had my follow up with Dr. Awesome yesterday. I just LOVE that place. I was in the office, had my u/s, did my follow up with the dr., then with the nurse, checked out all in 24 minutes! If I had been at my Ob/Gyn's office I would have still been sitting in the waiting room!

Anywho... my A.M.H tests came back at a 4 which the nurse seemed to be happy with. After doing a little bit of googling, I am not sure what to think, on most of the sites I found that is outside the normal range, actually on the high side. However, Dr. Awesome seemed very optimistic.

My little alien creature has grown. It is now almost 2cm (was 1.1 cm 3 weeks ago) so it has to come out. They still have no idea what it is, but it is definitely a solid mass. He said that it is not considered a cyst at this point, but a mass instead. (Cyst sounds less scary to me) I have surgery scheduled for July 29th, they will go in laparascopically (I have no idea if that is spelled right) and remove the mass and then send it to pathology to figure out what the heck it is. Until then...we are on a break.

I am freaking out a little about how the frick we are going to pay for all of this, we haven't gotten the bill for the A.M.H test yet, so I am terrified to see what that will come back as and we are still paying off our portion of our miscarriage and my surgery in January. Just adding another bill to the mix. Grrrrr

After my party this weekend we are really going to tighten up our belts and start saving our money for adoption and paying off our current bills.

Have any of you had the A.M.H test? If so, I would love to know how much it was and also your opinion on my level.

I will not be posting over the weekend, but will catch up with you all on Monday!

3 comments:

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

Oh, girl our prayers are with you and pace right now. I hope they are able to figure out what it is and soon after they take it out.
I pray that the stress of the bills and what not go away, im so sorry that you have to go through this. If only we could fix your problem and make it go away and no more doctors :(
love you and let me know how the party turns out :)

Amanda said...

What a coincidence, I seriously had the term "anti-mullerian" in my head all day yesterday and couldn't remember where I'd picked it up. Is it weird that my mind remembers things like anti-mullerian better than song lyrics?

I would have no idea what that would cost, but I would definitely be a little scared of the bill and your ins doesn't sound very kind.

Rebecca said...

Hi! First, happy belated birthday, it sounds like you had a great week! Second, I had the AMH test and my insurance covered it. This is what my doctor said when giving me the results - test is new and pretty accurate for ovarian reserve and he likes to see 2-3. Mine was 7 and he said it meant I had lots of eggs. So your 4 sounds better then average! I also did some research on it a while back and I think I remember reading that a higher number could indicate PCOS. Good luck with your surgery on the 29th!