Tuesday, December 29, 2009

2009... you will NOT be missed!**UPDATED**

What a very Merry Christmas! I haven't really had time to blog recently, so I apologize for my absence. I had a wonderful Christmas with Pace, E and my MIL. Pace and I went to church on Wednesday night (thought there would be less of a crowd, and less babies)...it was AWESOME! One of the most moving and memorable Christmas services I have ever attended. It was so good Pace went again on Christmas eve with his mom.

My MIL and E spent the night with us Christmas eve, we set out cookies and egg nog for Santa, and read all about the birth of Jesus before bed. It was great knowing that E is now old enough to know the real reason for the season! Friday morning we woke up and watched E tear through all of the goodies that Santa left her. Then we made the traditional family breakfast and exchanged gifts. It really was a wonderful day with great friends, family and awesome food!

I have a little bit of news to share and I am VERY cautiously optimistic...

I work with this woman who has a grandson that is my age. His gf is currently pregnant with #2 and they are considering adoption. The economy has really taken a toll on them and they are finding it difficult to make ends meet. How selfless to consider this option, I really just can't get over how much I admire a birthparent's sacrific of giving their child a better chance. My co-worker mailed her grandson a letter telling him all about Pace and I and included our Christmas letter we sent out which does indicate that we are looking to adopt in 2010. My co-worker called me on Christmas Eve to tell me that she had sent them the letter and would call as soon as she heard something from them...she called this morning. She said she didn't want to discuss anything while I was at work and to call her when I was on my way home. Eeeeek

I called my sisters and my mom on Christmas Eve and asked for them to be praying for this couple. Even if they decide not to allow us to adopt their baby, they need prayers. They are struggling right now and facing difficult times. So to all of you that are of the praying type. I ask that you pray for them as well. Pray that the Lord may lead them in the right direction, that He may carry their struggles and their burdens and that they may know Him!

Pace and I are off to the sand dunes again this year for New Years. I am super excited. My co-worker (same one listed above) let us borrow their tent trailer, so it will be nice to have our own place to stay. We won't have to share, it will just be our little home. It's going to be awesome to have some alone time with Pace. Please pray for a SAFE TRIP!!!

I will try to get on and update as soon as I talk to my co-worker. What a wonderful way to start out 2010 THAT would be!!!!

**UPDATE** My co-worker spoke to her grandson and they already went through an adoption agency and have matched with a couple. She is due in a month or so and the adoptive couple they chose have been really great to them. I am really happy for the adoptive couple that will have their dreams come true very soon! Although this situation didn't work out, it did at least instill a little bit of hope again in my heart - a feeling I haven't had for a while. Thank you for all of the well-wishes.

Emily - Know that I am ALWAYS praying for you guys! I love you!

6 comments:

J said...

What wonderful news! I hope 2010 brings you everything you ever wanted and so much more!

Teri said...

prayers prayers everywhere! Please keep us posted!

Emily Weber said...

Wow, that WOULD be so great. I do hope it works out. I will certainly be praying for you AND for the couple. I'm praying that 2010 will bring us another Weber baby, but I'm not getting my hopes too high right now. Pray for us as well.

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

Starting off the New Year in the Dunes sounds awesome, hope you have a womderful time and 2010 brings you lots of great joy :)

Hillary said...

Ohh, I got so excited for you and then saw the update. BUT I am still so excited for you because I am sure God will bring YOUR baby into your life, and this was just to show you that there are people looking to have their babies adopted out there. I hope 2010 brings you and Pace much joy!


makingmemom.blogspot.com

C said...

I'm sorry it didn't work out but I do hope that 2010 is YOUR year for a wonderful miracle!:-)