Monday, June 18, 2007

Snarky Poo Smearing

I went on a women's retreat this weekend. Ok. It was actually a lot of working and not so much "retreating" It was nice being out with women, but exhausting as well. I really missed Pace. He is my best friend and he knows me on a level that no one else does. When I am not around him, I miss him terribly!

Yesterday we had my mother in law, (and sister in law), our friend James and his son over for a BBQ and some swimming. It was really fun. I actually got in the water with the kids and really enjoyed myself. I was the "retreat" I had been looking forward too all weekend.

I love my mother in law. Really I do. But if I have to sit and listen to her complain about how tough it is being a mom and how little patience she has with her daughter, and how her daughter is driving her absolutely crazy, I think I am going to have to throw up. I know that parenting is hard, especially single parenting and I really do admire all the sacrifices she has made for her daughter, but I really get tired of hearing all of the complaining. I got a little snarky with her yesterday which I should probably apologize for, but I really don't feel too convicted by it. She asked for it. She was talking to my husband and she made the comment "You have no idea about parenting, you don't know about kids." To which I replied quite snarkily "You know what honey, she is right, we know nothing. Maybe someday we will have a clue, but right now we are complete idiots when it comes to kids." She apologized for her comment.

I know, a little overboard, but you just have to understand the relationship dynamics and the family structure. She was not at all trying to be rude, but I wanted to make it a point that I did not appreciate her comment. I think I accomplished that.

We are losing more friends due to IF. To be honest with you. I don't give a shit. I am so sick and tired of reaching out to people, helping them out when they need help, letting them live with us for free and then when we need them the most, they smear poop in our face. I don't like poop in my face. Yet, since I was a young girl, I have consistently allowed people to smear poop in my face. Not anymore. It really is quite simple. You smear poop in my face...you choose to be Eighty-sixed from my life. Period. I don't have time for your poo.

One more reason for me wanting to move out of state. I just want to start over in a place where we know absolutely nobody. People here suck. Smug-fertiles suck. Infertility sucks. and my attitude sucks.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Move to Texas!

I am sorry about your mother in law, that was an insensitive thing to say. Also about your friends. I've had to learn the hard way about not letting people take me for granted.

Hope you feel better about it soon.

AwkwardMoments said...

SO glad that you stoped by ... and thank you for the generous comment. I look forward in getting to read your blog

Kate said...

I don;t blame you - my pet peeve is when people tell me I "just don't understand how hard being a parent is".

Natalie said...

I don't think your attitude sucks, it's how I feel quite often. I'm tired of everything and everyone, and running away sounds mighty nice right now. Sometimes anonymity is a very very nice thing.

Hope you're having a better day today.

Anonymous said...

Oh the mother-in-law super insensitive comment...

I love having my sister-in-law tell me, "Mom said she is never going to be as close to another grandchild as she is to C..."

Okay, why did you tell me that? Granted, my MIL never said it to my face or I might have to storm out, cry, kick her in the shin or a combination of all. But then I wonder the reason my SIL said it to me. Then again, should I really wonder when she got preggers because she couldn't afford birth control?

It is definetly time for everyone else to eat poop sandwiches!

Joy said...

I love that you used smug-fertiles!
And I'm glad you stood up for yourself!