Thursday, December 18, 2008

S - Day...January 14th

The scheduling lady called me today and my surgery is officially set for January 14th at 10:00 am. I was a little peeved that it was on a MONDAY... now that means I have to take off at least 2 days of work, possibly even 3. That does not really make me very happy because my company is in the process of a huge change over and I really can't afford to miss work in January, but I don't want to put it off either.

I talked to my boss...which was a little awkward, but I told him what was going on, what the surgery was for etc., and asked him if he would prefer that I wait till February with everything that is going on here. He said "absolutely not...go get it taken care of, don't put it off."

So January 14th is the day. I am really nervous and a little scared, but I am just hoping and praying for a quick recovery with as little down time as possible.

My insurance is covering it, so the only thing I will have to pay is my 20% since I have already met my deductible (thanks to my miscarriage in August).

Since I haven't "O'd" yet, it looks like we are on a forced break until February. Yippie-Ki-Yi-Freakin-Yay. That is going to be fun conversation with my two pregnant sisters over Christmas.

Sigh...Please God give me the strength and peace to be around my sisters and not feel jealous, angry, cheated or forgotten. Please be especially close to me this next week, remind me that you know the best plan and route for my life and that I need to trust in you and only you. Please help me remember to let go of the things I can't change and to enjoy the time I have with my family.

God I hope I can pull this off.

1 comment:

babydust81 said...

Hi there nichole,

You are doing the laparoscopy right? Don't worry too much about it ok. I just had mine. I went in on a Wednesday and was discharge on Thursday. I stayed overnight coz I had a bilateral laparoscopy, both ovary. Friday I still had problem walking but by Saturday I was up and walking. Now a week later, my wound is all dried up and I have removed the bandage.

A person who is scared of pain and needles like me survived the surgery. I am sure you will too. Good luck darling. I will be looking forward to hearing from you. All the best and may this be the start of a wonderful year ahead.