Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Not this time...

This cycle was a bust. I actually started spotting on Saturday which was 13DPO, so I stopped taking the progesterone and AF was here full force on Sunday. I spent most of the day on the couch. I just wasn't feeling well. Not physically, emotionally or spiritually.

Yesterday I started the At.kin's diet. I figure that is the absolute best diet I can do with my insulin resistance. I am hoping I can really drop some weight and actually enjoy being in a bathing suit this summer. In addition to helping my chances of becoming pregnant.

I felt so much better yesterday. I had so much energy, didn't feel lethargic at all. It was proof that sugar and carbs are BAD for my body. I felt better yesterday than I had in a long time. I even went on a 2 mile walk with my husband and the dogs last night and was ready to go for more! I got up this morning and was 2 pounds lighter - probably water weight, but I will take it!

I am excited for the weekend, it will be a busy one. We are going to a professional Arena football game on Friday with some friends of ours and then working at a Music Festival on Saturday and Sunday.

More and More people are having babies and I have just started hiding them off of my Face.book feed. I am just not in a place to see pictures of their newborns day after day after day.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I lost about 50lbs with Atkins in 2006, BUT it completely stopped my cycles. I just can't get into the "groove" to cut everything out again. I am going to try the glycemic index diet instead to see if it helps.

Michelle said...

I started Akins on Monday too!! Much luck. I feel ok, was pretty cranky yesterday but much better today.

addingtothepack said...

Carb de-toxing is hard, but I do think that it helped me get pregnant. I hope that it is the ticket for you too.

Have a great weekend, it sounds like fun!

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

I cant wait to see you hot bod.. when we get there in May much needed relaxing with a drink by the pool catching up with my Colie.

Kakunaa said...

Oh, sweetie. I'm so sorry. Glad you have a plan and something to occupy your mind and time. Hang in there.

Dana said...

I am sooo sorry!! My heart just sunk into my stomach when I read your post! I have been praying so hard for you and Pace!!!! I just want the best for you both and I know that is what is in store for you both!! Just wanted you to know that when you are on that couch I am sending you tons of love and hugs!!!!

keeksaz said...

Glad you're feeling better with the new diet =)

Kelly said...

Atkins! Please let me know how it goes. I need to start something too and am not sure which direction to go.

Thank you for your kind words over at my blog.

Tiffany said...

Hi! I'm new here! I found you through Baby Wanted's recommendation.

Good luck with the weight loss. That's something I'm constantly struggling with as well! It's tough!

Sorry to hear about the current cycle being a bust. That is always so frustrating! :(
::hugs::